Friday, July 20, 2007

Re: It's nearly Christmas...

Re: It's nearly Christmas...
Tomorrow is the big day for me. At least so far...

As I was getting dressed for work today it occurred to me that it was the last time I would be putting breast forms into my bra. I may need to get all new bras. At least some new ones. I will be bigger tomorrow...

It also occurred to me as I was putting my makeup on that tomorrow when I look in the mirror in the morning, it would be the last time I would see that face that had been staring back at me for 55 years. My new face will be much less masculine. It will be softer, more feminine. Not right away, of course. The first time I look at my face after I get back to my room I'll probably be horrified. No, scratch that... I WILL be horrified! I've seen pictures of other girls who have gone through this. I will look like I've been hit by a truck. And no makeup for at least two weeks. Otherwise there is a significant chance of infection. I don't want to endanger the doctor's good work by introducing some microbes that shouldn't be there...

If you girls have the stomach for it, I'll post pictures of the after effects.

But later, and not all that long after, I'll start to heal and the swelling will reduce, the incisions will heal, and the soft tissues will reform around my face.

Swan from duck, butterfly from caterpillar, dragonfly from nymph. I will emerge. The true me will be revealed.

I've been looking forward to this for months. Actually my whole life. It's one thing to dress and act as who I am. It will be a much appreciated boost to my self esteem to actually *look* like who I was always supposed to be, before all those nasty "y" chromosomes messed things up. At least mostly.

I brought my laptop along so hopefully I'll be able to post from the hotel where I will be recovering. If not I post when I get back. But it'll be a few days, regardless. I won't really feel like doing much more than sleeping for the first day or so.

-Sandy

P.S.

I just got a call from Dr Z telling me he would pick me up from my hotel at about 6:15 am tomorrow. He went over the instructions one final time. No food or drink after midnight. Wear something comfortable and loose. No makeup, no jewelry.

After all the preparations, this is now moving on its own. I can relax and flow with the tide of change that I have started.

I am at peace.

No comments: