Saturday, August 11, 2007

A first for me...

A first for me...
Yesterday I did something I would have never attempted before.

I went out with *NO* makeup! I had some grocery shopping to do and I was feeling just a little tired so I just wanted to get the stuff and come back home.

Previously I would never have even considered such a ridiculous idea. I felt would have been clocked in a minute.

I looked in the mirror and said to myself; "This is what you wanted, this is why you went through all this trauma. C'mon girl, just do it!"

I did wear my wig though.

I threw on a t-shirt and a pair of shorts, my sandals and headed out. No foundation, no lipstick, nothing. I felt almost naked.

It was early afternoon when I got to the grocery store. And guess what, most of the women there weren't wearing any makeup either!

And nobody gave me so much as a second glance, everything felt normal.

This is what I have been looking forward to for such a long time!

-Sandy

No comments: