Saturday, August 25, 2007

A month and four days...

A month and four days...
It's been a month and four days since my operation. I apologize for not posting sooner, but I’ve been plain exhausted!

After three weeks of recovery I returned back to work. Everyone says I looked much better. In fact one of the girls I go to lunch with looked at my ID, which was taken when I came out at work, and said that I needed a new ID picture taken. My face had changed so much that I no longer really resembled the other picture. I did get a new picture taken.

Even since then, people have remarked how my face has changed since then. I'll be taking new pictures soon. Much of the swelling has gone down and all the discoloration has gone out of my face. There still is some tightness under my chin which may be from adhesions. I'll be seeing Dr. Z soon and will ask him about it then. Also there is still very little sensation on my scalp and under my chin. Which makes shaving particularly tricky! Parts of my face are starting to have some feeling. Some of which is like an itch but no amount of rubbing makes it go away.

One of the reasons I haven't posted more is from a combination of exhaustion, and post-op depression. I have been pretty much coming home from work and just vegetating on the couch.

Both Dr Z and my physician warned me about this possibility and my physician has given me a script for an anti-depressant. They take about three weeks to get to full effect, but after two weeks I'm starting to feel a bit better. I no longer have the emotional swings that would make me weep looking pictures of kittens, but it has made me a little lethargic. I'm able to concentrate at work now and can start getting back up to speed. I'm hoping not to be on the anti-depressant for too long. I was very happy prior to the operation and I am pleased with the results so I should be at least as happy again. I just have to get past this post-op period.

Today is the first time I have felt good enough to want to post. It's Saturday and I can concentrate on putting my thoughts together for the first time in a while.

As I mentioned before, I have had to learn slightly different techniques for putting my makeup on in the morning. My eyes have changed quite a bit so that has made a difference. Also I use a bit more lipstick now than I have in the past. One of the side effects of the operation, especially the upper and lower eyelid work, was that many of my eyelashes fell out from the trauma. They've been coming back in, but I haven't been able to use mascara until late this week.

Well that’s about all for now ladies. Hopefully I’ll be posting more soon.

-Sandy

No comments: