Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hey lookit wot I found!!!

Hey lookit wot I found!!!
While pawing through old pictures, my daughters found a number of pictures from their childhood.

Among them was a picture I thought was long lost. It is below.

It is from circa 1985 on the crossdressers favorite holiday, Halloween.

My spouse, piglet, and I had been invited to a costume party at a friends house. We had been instructed to have outfits that were from a theme or had something in common.

While discussing what we could do, piglet said: "You could go as a girl..."

She had known of my crossdressing since before we were married and didn't have a problem with it. So this was right up my alley.

The party was on Saturday night, so my preparation began on Friday night.

The first thing to go was my goatee which I had worn for about fifteen years. That was the most difficult part. It was part of my masculine masquerade so parting with it was a bit of turmoil for me, but being able to be out dressed as a woman was more than enough motivation.

My skin underneath the beard was very sensitive because it hadn't been shaved. I had a bit of razor burn as a result.

Also that night, piglet put my hair up in curlers to prepare it for the styling on the next day. That was my first experience with sleeping in curlers. Actually I haven't done it since. I hope I don't have a reason to do it again. Think of sleeping on a porcupine and you'll get the idea.

Saturday, the curlers came out and my hair was styled in the afternoon. A friend of ours from down the street came and helped with my makeup.

After that I put on some pantyhose, a girdle, and a bra stuffed with my wifes stockings. She thought stockings would be better than balloons since balloons can be popped by Halloween revelers at the party.

Next came the mini skirt and the crop top. Because my feet were too large I ended up wearing a pair of my sneakers which kind of made a fashion statement.

Piglet butched up her hair and put on a jean outfit.

We were ready. Sean Penn and Madonna. Well, kind of, if you closed one eye and squinted real hard...

She handed me my jacket and opened the door to the outside for me. I froze. "You mean out there?"

Realize this was the very first time I had ever gone out dressed as a female. Everything else I had done was in the confines of the house.

I took a deep breath and stepped outside.

As a dry run, piglet thought it would be a good idea to go visiting before we headed out to the party. oh boy.

Our first stop was a friends house. I went up and knocked on the door while piglet stayed in the shadows.

My fiends wife, Pat, answered the door and stared at me uncomprehendingly.

"Can I help you?"

"Pat! It's me." I used my male voice because I had no knowledge at that time of how to feminize my voice.

All of a sudden the light dawned on her face. She was incredulous. She brought us into the house and announced to my friend that he had a visitor. My friend did not recognize me either until I spoke.

We sat and chatted for a bit and Pat said that the first thing to go through her mind when she answered the door was; "What does this ugly woman want!?"

Ugly or not, the fact that I passed as female struck a chord in me that would later get much more intense.

Our next stop was my parents house.

My father and mother also didn't recognize me until I spoke. For the rest of the evening my father referred to me as his second daughter. Something I sometimes wish could have really come true. Both my mother and my father passed before I came out. And I feel that if I had really come out to them while they were alive, I don't think it would have been as readily accepted as my Halloween prank.

When we got to the party, nobody recognized me at first. Again it was my voice that gave me away.

Interestingly, through out the night, people spoke and treated me in a mostly feminine way. I also responded as a female. Or at least how I thought a female should respond.

I even gave a little squeak when my skirt was flipped up from behind by a fellow with a sabre.

While I found the experience quite exhilarating, while dressed like that, I felt *normal*. No turn on, no erotic feelings. I just felt like how I should be dressed all the time.

Those thoughts and feelings too would return to me over and over again through the coming decades.

It took about two months for my goatee to grow back. I was glad to get it back. After all I couldn't let anyone know I was anything but masculine, could I?

What a long strange trip it's been!

-Sandy

No comments: