Monday, March 31, 2008

Home again, home again...

Home again, home again...
Actually I returned home last Thursday.

The trip home was mostly uneventful with the exception of my actual flight. I was seated in the window seat. Then there were two people seated next to me who had to be assisted to their seat by the stews. It was pretty obvious that I wasn't about to be able to get to the lav for the length of the flight!

I only had one small cup of juice on the flight. I tried to sleep as much as possible.

Wrangling my luggage in the airports was harder than when I left for Philly because I was much more exhausted from the surgery.

My daughter met me at O'hare and drove me home. My granddaughter was asleep in her carseat and didn't wake up until we got home, but she was such a sight for sore eyes.

When we got home, I just wrestled my luggage to my bedroom and collapsed. By time I got undressed, I had a killer headache. I slept for about eighteen hours straight. And by time I woke up the headache was mostly gone, but I was still weak.

Just a note, ladies. Any major surgery is very debilitating to your system. Your body's stamina is virtually non-existent. So the twelve hours or so I spent packing and getting ready for my flight home, the flight itself and the trip back to the house wore me out completely. My brain was writing checks my body couldn't cash. So if and when you have any major surgery, just be sure to take things very easily.

Even today, I went out to do a couple of things and I was only out for about two hours. By time I got back, I ended up sleeping most of the afternoon.

One more thing. I have very little discomfort from the surgery and everything is working as planned. Dr Christine is pleased with the way I am healing. I am still quite sore, though, and my big orange donut is my constant companion. :laugh:

I'm getting stronger though slowly so I'll start making more posts about my trip.

My passage through my transition is now complete and my life awaits. I am newborn.

Dr Christine asked me how I was feeling and I said:
"Never have I felt as free, never has the light been as bright, and never has the air smelled as sweet."

-Sandy

No comments: