Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hi from PA!!!

Hi from PA!!!
Just a quick note, all.

I touched down in Philly this morning and I am now in my hotel. I can see the hospital where I'll be going from my window.

I have my consult with Dr. McGinn tomorrow, just after Kate has hers. There's some talk of all of us going out to lunch afterwards. That would be great!

Then I get sequestered to my room to "prepare" for the big day on Thursday. Something about being NPO after midnight is the easiest part. Those of you who have had surgery "south of the boarder" know about having to be er... clean. 'nuff said.

All my fears of going through airport security were just boogymen in my mind. I did set off the alarms as I thought I would, but I was quickly wanded down and sent on my way. It was the first time I had been patted down since I transitioned. I will say that being wanded and patted down by women is much more accommodating and understanding of my personal space than when I would get patted down as a guy.

Anyway, I breezed through security and had to wait for about two hours before my flight took off. But when my butt hit the seat, all the stress drained from my body and I fell asleep and didn't wake up until after we were in the air.

I guess I had more fear about that than anything else.

Well that part is over.

I'll post more as I get closer, than after my surgery, as I am able.

Thank you all for being there for me. It really helped me cope!

-Sandy(sleepy)

No comments: