Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I wonder what it'll be like.

I wonder what it'll be like.
My GRS early next year, will mark the end of my transition from male to female. There'll still be loose ends to take care of like finishing my facial electrolosis and getting the rest of my official records changed to my current name and gender. But other than that I'll be finished.

I was just wondering what it'll feel like not having a constant anticipation of the next step in my life's transition. Before I came out I always had this yearning to be female. Then I came out, and I had anticipation to start therapy and HRT. Then as I started therapy and HRT I had a growing anticipation of the feminizing effects that the hormones would cause in my body.

And so it went. Each step in my quest to become the female I knew I was and to become myself in society, lead to the next step and the anticipation of that goal.

Soon that will be over, and I was wondering what it would feel like to finally feel as normal as I can ever be. I'm already picking up parts of my life that have been on hold because of the transition, divorce and moving into a new house. Maybe that's all it'll be, just a normal life.

I really wonder what that will feel like.

Do any of you other men and women who have completed your transition (however you define it, pre/post/non op) have similar feelings?

-Sandy

No comments: