Saturday, January 27, 2007

Intro...

Intro...
Alright everyone seems to have one. What to say here...

I asked for this blog because I wanted a place to document my transition. I'm hoping to make this year, 2007, my time to go 24/7.

My goal is to legally change my name to Sandra Louise before the start of 2008. Next year is the start of the REAL ID ACT. And any change requested to primary documentation like your birth certificate must be approved by them. Regardless of whether or not you have a judgment formally changing your status. And as I understand it they can refuse your request on a whim with no due process to address it. Another liberty eroded away by our progressive administration...

Anyway, I want to change my name. To do that I also want to be out 24/7 by that time so I can also have things like my drivers license and credit cards changed to reflect the new name.

I've already contacted a person at my company to discuss the issues of me coming out at work. The down side is that they don't have a formal guideline for transsexuals. The up side is that they want my participation in creating one (and living it of course). There is also a trans man about to come out so we'll be working together to come up with the presentation to management. Wow...

So I'll be using this forum to describe what goes on in my life as I try to live my life the way I feel I always should have...

Now that I'm thinking so seriously of doing this, I'm starting to get cold feet a little bit because of all the things that I'll have to do. Wardrobe, makeup, passing, all of this and more, *all of the time*. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. So I'm trying to put things in order and try to come up with a plan.

The alternative, of course, is not an option. At least for me. To go back, to try and pretend I'm a guy again... No. It's not for me. I'm just scared of all the unknowns. A common human trait.

I've been encouraged by others who have gone before me. The men and women on this list and our historical predecessors like Christine Jorgensen and Wendy Carlos. I feel I owe those who come after me some small effort to help make their life and transition easier. However that can be done. And this blog is one of them.

Of course your comments are appreciated as well! Please feel free to give me your feelings and opinions. The more perspectives I have the better!

If I live through all this, then, maybe, I'll look at SRS and FFS. Cost of course is an issue, but starting my life the way it is supposed to be has to come first.

Thanks!

-Sandy

No comments: