Wednesday, February 28, 2007

It was a Cinderella evening...

It was a Cinderella evening...
The charity gala was absolutely WONDERFUL!

My magic time actually started the previous Thursday when I was called and asked what names to put on the invitations. I asked to be listed as Sandra. My heart started soaring when I arrived on Saturday and found my name card waiting for me. That card now sits next to my computer. I smile every time I look at it.

And when we sat for dinner, Julie and I sat at the company table. I met the trans man who is transitioning with me, and his lovely wife. Both knew about me before but this was the first time they actually met me as myself, not dressed as that guy. Also sitting with us was the man who made the reservations for the table and we talked for the very first time. He was really happy to see me being so comfortable with myself. That magical night! I'm still walking on clouds!

The evening was dinner followed by dancing in various rooms and an industrial strength chocolate fountain. What's not to like?

If I had any hesitations or doubt left about transitioning before, they are all erased!

This girl is going to do it!


-Sandy

No comments: