Monday, April 9, 2007

It's 11:32 in the evening...

It's 11:32 in the evening...
And I am so exhausted. I'm taking off my makeup and nail polish. Tomorrow is Monday, and I have to get into guy.

But this is the last time. When I leave work on Tuesday, I will not have to play the guy act any longer.

My full time transition will have officially begun. I will not be in the office from Wednesday through Friday. Because my manager and the director of HR will be meeting with my team mates to tell them about me. That I am no longer barry, and I am now Sandra. And then reiterate the company's Zero Tolerance policy again. Especially as it refers to me. Which to me is "You will accept Sandy, or else!". I can understand the way things have to be phrased in the corporate environment, but it still seems a bit harsh.

They want to give everyone time to understand it, and to ask questions about me without making them feel like they are talking behind my back. And on Monday, another working woman will join the workforce.

Exhausted, yes. I feel like I've been running in a marathon. But giddy as a little girl!

-Sandy(soon, all girl, all the time!)

No comments: