Sunday, May 27, 2007

In memorium Barry Louis 1952-2007

In memorium Barry Louis 1952-2007
I was going to write something cutesy like, "I'm purging", or "I'm done crossdressing!". But no.

I just spent the better part of two hours going through Barry's things. And making a pile of clothes that would go to Goodwill. As I was doing that I realized what I was doing.

I've lost loved ones before and the purging of material items is one part of the grieving process. Of having closure. Of mourning.

With me now firmly in reality. Barry can no longer have a presence in society. His signature is becoming less valid as time goes along. Eventually he will have no corporeal existence at all. And right now that makes me sad.

So, a toast to Barry! Raise your glasses high!

He was my Protector, my Hero, my Knight in Shining Armour!

He knew joy. He had relationships. He had fulfillment.

He attained goals that I may never approach.

And when it was time for me to be born into the world, he stepped aside.

Not a moan, not a whimper, crossed his lips.

I will carry his memory deep in my heart. I know his love.

Rest in Peace My Hero.

-Sandy

No comments: