Monday, March 19, 2007

The notary...

The notary...
This was probably the high point of my day...

I had asked Julie if she would sign my name change form as a witness. She didn't have any problem with that. The only thing was that we had to have it notarized. Which would require Julie to show her picture ID. So she would have to sign in guy mode.

When Julie got home we headed out to the currency exchange, she was still in guy from being at work. When we got there I went up to the window and asked to have a form witnessed and notarized.

I gave her the form and she looked at it and asked who was barry. I said I was. She didn't quite get it and asked to see some ID.

I took out my drivers license and passed it to her.

She said she couldn't notarize the form because I wasn't the person on the drivers license! That was the absolute best response I've had so far! Well there was a little bit of a change from the picture to me so I guess it was an honest mistake.

I switched to boyvoice and said, "Yes ma'am that is me."

She just looked at me then at the picture then back at me...

She blushed and said; "oh... Oh... OOOHHHH!!!"

I was prepared to take my wig off needed. But she finally got it.

The only disappointing thing to the whole affair was that I think that the lady mis-interpreted the form. She ended up saying that Julie didn't have to witness the document, she would since I showed her my ID. She then had me sign the form where I think the witness should have signed. She said that was the way since she was signing on the notary's line.

I don't know, I'll find out when I attempt to file the documents and get my court date. If it's wrong, well I'll just have to get it figured out. But if they accept it cool.

It will take about six weeks for my court date to come up, so I want to move on this pretty quickly. I hope to file the papers sometime this week.

-Sandy (Ok, so I don't have a beard any more!)

No comments: