Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sandy's FFS Consultation

Sandy's FFS Consultation
Last Friday, Julie accompanied me to see Dr Zukowski for a free consultation about FFS and Breast Augmentation.

I wasn't particularly nervous going there but I was a bit of a chatterbox going up there. I think Julie may have experienced permanent ear damage because I think I talked it off.

All right I was a little nervous. Maybe. A lot...

We decided to catch lunch on the way up and I couldn't decide on what to eat. We ended up at a pub just a half a block from the clinic.

I ordered way too much food thinking I was famished. And when it came, Julie kicked me under the table, telling me I was choking the sandwich down like a guy! And after a couple of bites I realized my eyes were way bigger than my stomach and had the rest boxed up. I was a wreck.

We got to the clinic and filled out the requisite forms. I handed them back to the receptionist and the doctor called me in almost immediately. The doctor also invited Julie to come in too.

In the office there were two regular office chairs and a large plush leather chair. Both Julie and I expected that the leather chair was for the doctor. When the doctor came in he said that the leather chair was for me. I felt a little like a queen on a throne.

The doctor gave me a visual once over and asked a few questions about where I was in my HRT regimen and what my transition plans were. We chatted a bit about that and my plans to go 24/7 in April and to pursue RLE and SRS.

He complimented me on my poise and the way I carried myself and my makeup. Of course compliments like that can really turn your head.

He then had me look in a mirror and describe the various aspects of my face that I found were too masculine or difficult for me to view as a woman.

I mentioned my facial droop and jawline and a couple of other things. Dr Z. then went on to discuss the various techniques he used to reduce or eliminate the facial male markers. Some having to do with classic plastic surgery such as tucks and lifts others had to do with implants using special surgical plastic and other techniques using liposuctioned fat from my abdomen to augment certain facial features.

He said that based on the way I looked now and what he could do I would have a face that would be "stunning". My heart still skips a beat thinking about that. He also said that the procedures would do two things, feminization and rejuvenation. After I healed I would look years younger. oh wow...

He then showed us pictures of other women (both trans and GG) that he helped. I was deeply impressed with the changes he could perform. In the course of the display, Dr. Z. showed a picture of someone that Julie knew. When Julie said that she knew her, the doctor said that she worked in the office and thought that she was there at that time. So we went to see if she was there. She was and we all chatted for a few moments. The doctor then asked me to return to the office to continue the consultation. Julie stayed behind to chat with her friend.

When we got back to the office the doctor said he wanted to examine me for BA. So he handed me a gown and asked me to disrobe from the waist up and left the room.

This is when I got really nervous. I had never been examined in that way before. And really no one had seen my chest since I began transitioning. I just bit my lip and got changed. After all this was going to be something that would happen for the rest of my life and other women have to deal with the same thing.

The doctor came back in a few minutes later and examined me and we discussed options (silicone vs saline) and implantation techniques and sizes. Dr Z. made some recommendations for cup size that I should be based on my height and weight.

He also added that I didn't have much of an Adam's apple but the trache shave would eliminate it. Also he would trim up the neck to tighten the skin there.

Julie came back in a couple minutes later and asked how it went. I was bouncing off the walls! I was severely starry eye by then. She said her friend could chat with us for a bit so I got dressed and we left the consultation room and went to see Julies friend. Well Julie walked I floated. We chatted for a while then decided to get on the road back home.

The three of us headed to the receptionist and the doctor was just finishing up his notes in my file. By that time the three of us were in giggle mode and just goofing around. On the receptionists desk was a display of sample breast implants. As a joke Julies friend grabbed one and stuffed it in Julies bra. The look on Julies face was precious! She took it out and put it back and her friend did it again. Julies eye got so *big*! She remarked later that a seed had been planted and she was really taken by the view of her with a BA. Julie started to seriously think about FFS.

About that time Dr. Z joked "You girls are having too much fun!". We were. Well we said our good byes and headed home.

The doctor said it will be a few weeks for him to get me a complete official quote because he was very backed up currently. But he would get it out.

I was, and still am to a certain extent, mesmerized by the doctor and the idea that more as a sculptor than than surgeon he could bring the woman that is inside me to the outside.

When the quote comes in it'll probably be serious reality check time. But for now I am still dreaming about all the wonderful things that could be done.

-Sandy (I want to be a "Z" girl!)

No comments: