Monday, March 12, 2007

One more nail in the guy's coffin

One more nail in the guy's coffin
I was over at the stbewh and dropped off some empty boxes for her to pack. Earlier in the week, she had sent an email asking what I wanted done with the male/unisex clothes I had left behind.

I had told her to toss or give to Goodwill. While I was there on Saturday, I carried several large bags of male clothes to the truck for her to give to Goodwill.

Of course I was doing this as myself. I only Dress Resembling A Boy for work. I felt a very little bit of remorse knowing I was burning another bridge. Another nail in the coffin of barry. The rest of me felt almost nothing except an increasing anticipation and anxiety facing my first day on the job in just under 36 days.

In all though, much of it was just a symbolic gesture. Most of the clothes were ones that I should have thrown out or given away years ago. I took all the clothes I use for work and casual when I left her in the first place. The rest were clothes that were no longer my size (by a lot!).

But it said something, at least to me. I'm not going back. Not in those clothes, not in that life.

And I feel good about that.

-Sandy(36 days and counting)

No comments: